Health Technology & Innovation
Health Technology Innovation Laboratory (HTIL) was established in 2019 under the Faculty of Medicine in UKM Medical Centre in the effort to strengthen translational research and innovation in the field of biomedicine and biomedical engineering in UKM. The laboratory is interdisciplinary in nature with a focus on basic, applied and translational research and innovation. In tandem with the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the establishment of the laboratory aims to systematically harness the strength of researchers in the fields of medicine and health, biomedical engineering and information technology, in order to formalize research leadership in this vital area. The success of this initiative will enable future development of an institute in the field of healthcare engineering and information technology in UKM.
MEMBERS OF RESEARCH GROUP
- Prof Dr Zaleha Abdullah Mahdy(firstname.lastname@example.org)Obstetrician SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- AProf Dr Yazid Bajuri (email@example.com)Orthopedic SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- Prof Dr Ismail Mohd Saiboon (firstname.lastname@example.org) Emergency PhysicianSCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Mohd Hisham Mohd Isa (email@example.com)Emergency Physician SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Gan Kok Beng (firstname.lastname@example.org) Engineering SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- Prof Dr Mohd Johar Jaafar (email@example.com)Emergency Physician SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Faizal Amri Hamzah (firstname.lastname@example.org) Emergency Physician SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- AProf Dr Jemaima Che Hamzah (email@example.com) Ophtalmologist SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- AProf Dr Ng Min Hwei (firstname.lastname@example.org) TEC SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- Prof Dr Ahmad Kamal Ariffin Mohd Ihsan(email@example.com)Engineering SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Kalaivani Chellappan (firstname.lastname@example.org)Engineering SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- AProf Dr Mohamad Nazir Ahmad @ Sharif(email@example.com) EngineeringSCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- AProf Dr Mohamad Shanudin Zakaria ( firstname.lastname@example.org) FTSM SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- AProf Dr Mohd Nazimi Abd Jabar (email@example.com) Dentistry SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- AProf Dr Chua Kien Hui (firstname.lastname@example.org) Physiologist SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Maziah Ahmad Marzuki (email@example.com) Nursing SCOPUS, Google Scholar, UKM
We are looking for Postgraduate Master or PhD Students and Post-doctoral fellow who are highly motivated and who are curious to learn about and develop in health technology and innovation. If you are interested to join our team, please contact:
Name: Prof Dr Zaleha Abdullah Mahdy (Group leader)
1: Mohamed Afiq Hidayat Zailani, Raja Zahratul Azma Raja Sabudin, Rahana Abdul Rahman, Ismail Mohd Saiboon, Aniza Ismail, Zaleha Abdullah Mahdy (2020). Drone for medical products transportation in maternal healthcare: a systematic review and framework for future research. Medicine 99:36(e21967).
2: Shalool, A., Zainal, N., Umat, C., Gan, K.B. & Mukari, S.Z.-M.S. 2020. Passive noise reduction headphone for an interactive and automated hearing screening device (i-AHEAD). Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 15(2), pp. 931-945
3: Jumahat, S., Beng, G.K., Misran, N., Mahri, N. & Ja’afar, M.H. 2020. Automated QT interval measurement using modified pan-tompkins algorithm with independent isoelectric line approach. Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, 44, pp. 51-61.
4: Aziz, S., Rambely, A.S., Gan, K.B., Wan Din, W.R. 2020. Kinetics study in parachute landing fall technique by comparing professional and amateur Malaysian army parachutists using Kane’s method. Mathematics, 2020, 8(6):917.
5: Nazimi AJ, Nabil S. 2020. Intraoperative Computed Tomography Image Fusion for Orbital Blowout Fracture Reconstruction: A Case Series. J Craniofac Surg. 2019 Oct;30(7):2159-2162. doi: 10.1097/SCS.0000000000005667″
6: Abd Jabar, M. N., Ar, N., I, N., Aa, I., & Rashdi, M. (2020). Surface Marker-Assisted for Orbital Navigation Surgery: A Dry Skull Study. Medicine & Health, 15, 237-249. doi:10.17576/MH.2020.1501.22
7: Ai CJ, Yunus SSM, Nazimi AJ, Nordin R, Lan TH. 2020. The use of customized surgical guide for bilateral inferior mandibulectomy in a case of monostotic fibrous dysplasia. Arch. Orofac Sci. 15(1): 75-80
8: S Huzni, MI Tanamas, S Fonna, AK Ariffin. The sensitivity analysis in topology optimization of hip stem prosthesis using finite element method. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 931 (1), 012001, 2020.
9: Khairiah Abdul Hamid, Ahmad Nazlim Yusoff, Saemah Rahman, Syazarina Syaris Osman, Shahlan Surat, Maziah Ahmad Marzuki, Najwa Hanis Azmi. (2020). Changes In Divergent Thinking Strategy Due To Creativity Training: Findings From Dynamic Causal Modelling. – Journal Of Physics: Conference Series. 1-4.
10: Mohd Nawi, N. S. A., Rahmad, A. A., Abdul Hamid, K., Rahman, S., Osman, S. S., Surat, S., Ahmad Marzuki, M., Chieng, Y. L.,Yusoff, A. N.. (2020). Effective Connectivity Of A Default Mode Network In Human Brain: In Search Of A Dominant Node Using Spectral Dynamic Causal Modeling. – Physics And Technology In Medicine. 1-14.