The Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) offers clinical services and training in our very own 1084 tertiary level teaching hospital. Acknowledged as one of the four Malaysian research universities by the Malaysian Ministry of Education with 50 years of academic excellence, we offer a wide range of clinical fellowship training for those who aspire to pursue clinical sub-specialty certification.
This clinical fellowship offers operative exposure to complex pelvis and acetabular fractures, corrective deformities, and ring fixator techniques. The scope of practice will involve managing acute polytrauma and complex articular fractures, fragility and peri-prosthetic fractures along with minimally invasive osteosynthesis techniques.
Duration of training: 6 months (Basic) or 1 year
Primary language: English
Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mohd Hisam Muhammad Ariffin
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur.
- Proof of being a Medical Doctor and an orthopaedic specialist
- A CV including:
-Proof of training
-Proof of interest in Advanced Trauma Surgery
- Two current reference letters:
One preferably from a senior surgeon affiliated with an institution
- A list of publications and/or lectures written or delivered by the applicant
- English Proficiency Test Result (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL etc.) for applicant from non-English speaking countries and apply for regional and international fellowship
- Preferably 45 years of age or younger
- The fellow is expected to follow the daily routing of the clinic.
- The fellow will be assisting and perform all trauma surgery.
- A log book and an audit of the fellow performance must be kept.
- Temporary leave of absence must be by the approval of the course director.
- Fellow is encourage to be involved in our postgraduate academic day every Thursday of the week.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before the intended start date.
- You will need a Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.