Course Director: Assoc Prof. Dr. Azimatun Noor Aizuddin
Duration of training: 12 months
Community Health Department UKM, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
International Casemix and Clinical Coding Centre (ITCC), Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz (HCTM)
Independent and Certified Public Health Physician OR has completed a recognized public health specialist training (for oversea candidates) with interest in Clinical Coding and Casemix.
Applicant who has completed their first two phase of their fellowship program Health Management is highly encourage and will be prioritise (Malaysian candidate) OR has working experience in managing health or hospital related program after specialist training for a minimum of 3 years (non-Malaysian candidate).
Required to submit a current resume with two referees.
Required to submit a standing letter from the employer/institution for the program application.
Objectives of Programme:
By the end of the programme, the candidate should be able to:
- Deliver lectures and conduct training course on clinical coding and casemix.
- Develop a casemix/ DRG study proposal.
- Diagnose the issues in clinical coding and casemix in hospitals.
- Demonstrate evidence-based practice and decision making, critical thinking, self-directed life-long learning in clinical coding and casemix.
- Produce a publishable critical thinking report/ write up on clinical coding and casemix.
- Evaluate the quality of clinical coding and casemix program in selected hospital.
- Evaluate the monitoring of the hospital’s clinical coding and casemix system.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary professionals and agencies in proposing framework analysis for problem solving in the hospital’s clinical coding and casemix system.
- Active participation in supervision training, scientific seminar discussion or journal appraisal at the department
- Record experience activities in the student-led customised logbook.
- Schedule meetings with the supervisor during the fellowship program for progress monitoring.
- Publish at least one technical report / policy paper / one article accepted in WOS journal.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- If you are non-Malaysian citizen student, you will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.
The 10 areas of Health Management (Annex 1)
Subspecialty through proposed 2-3 years Fellowship or equivalent recognised credentialing process in the 10 areas:
1) Health and Hospital Human Recourse Management 2) Health and Hospital Financial Management 3) Health and Hospital Planning Management 4) Health and Hospital Quality Management 5) Health and Hospital Information System Management 6) Health Economy Evaluation 7) Health Policy 8) Health Laws and Legislation 9) Healthcare Financing System 10) Clinical Coding and Casemix System
*Credentialed by the Credentialing Body e.g. Ministry of Health, National Specialist Registry, Ministry of Higher Education.