Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY (UKM)
Course Director: Associate Professor Dr. Adli Ali
Duration of Training: Minimum of 1 years for international candidate and up to 3 years for local Malaysian candidate
Training Centre: Hospital Pakar Kanak-Kanak Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Specialist Children’s Hospital), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Recognised postgraduate training in the field of medicine or master equivalent with interest in clinical immunology (MRCPCH/ MRCP/ Masters equivalent)
Objective: To produce clinical immunologists with detailed knowledge, competence and experience in clinical immunology.
Objectives of Programme:
1. To produce clinical immunologists with detailed knowledge in clinical immunology.
2. To produce clinical immunologists with competence and experience in performing procedures pertaining to clinical immunology.
1. Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds, perform procedures.
2. Candidate should be able and competent to diagnose and manage common clinical immunology diseases. For complex cases, candidate should have competent skills to plan the evaluation and management in a holistic manner.
3. Candidate must be confident in obtaining record and interpreting immunology, allergy, autoimmune and translational multi-omic results etc.
4. Candidates must assist as many procedures as possible and be able to perform a few common procedures independently such as providing immunoglobulin replacement therapy, targeted therapies, pathway blocker therapy, monoclonal antibody therapy, autoimmune and allergy testing.
5. Candidate will have exposure, depending on duration of fellowship, attachment in the field of Clinical and Translational Immunology / Clinical Immunology Laboratory.
6. Candidate will have exposure, depending on duration of fellowship, to disorders in genetics, inborn errors of metabolism, stem cell transplantation in a recognized center.
7. Candidate will also have opportunity to run visiting clinical immunology services in other surrounding hospitals.
8. For local candidate, the 3rd year of the training (with minimum durationof 6 months) will be a twinning posting in one of affiliated clinical immunology international centers. The selection of the training centers will be decided per individual basis.
9. Candidate will be filling up a log book for audit purposes of his/her performance.
10. Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
11. Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
Method of assessments :
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
1. Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
2. You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf 3. Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.