Course Director: Prof. Dr. Mohd Rizal Haji Abdul Manaf
Duration of training: 12 months
Department of Community Health, Faculty of Medicine UKM, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, UKM Medical Centre, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
Independent and Certified Public Health Physician (Malaysian) OR has completed a recognized public health specialist training (for oversea candidate) with interest in area of Health Economics.
Applicant who has completed attachment in any facilities that cover the 10 areas of Health Services Management (Annex 1) is highly encourage and will be prioritise (Malaysian candidate) OR has working experience in managing Health Management related program after specialist training for a minimum of 3 years (non-Malaysian candidate).
Required to submit a current resume with two referees.
Required to submit a standing letter from the employer/institution for the program application.
Objectives of Programme:
By the end of the programme, the candidate should be able to:
- describe major types of economic evaluation in health care system.
- measure costs and outcomes in economic evaluation process.
- design health economics evaluation study for health care program.
- apply economic evaluation in health care decision making.
- Conduct one full economic evaluation analysis of healthcare program.
- Actively participate in supervision training, scientific seminar discussion or journal appraisal at the department.
- Record experience activities in the student-led customised logbook.
- Schedule meetings with the supervisor during the fellowship program for progress monitoring.
- Publish at least 1 technical report / policy paper / 1 article accepted in WOS journal.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- If you are non-Malaysian citizen student, you will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_ July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.
The 5 areas of Health Services Management (Annex 1)
Subspecialty through proposed 2-3 years Fellowship or equivalent recognised credentialing process in the 5 areas:
• Human Resources Management • Health Economics/Financing • Quality Assurance • Health Information and Management System • Hospital Management
*Credentialed by the Credentialing Body e.g. Ministry of Health, National Specialist Registry, Ministry of Higher Education.