Course Director: Assoc Prof. Dr. Rosnah Sutan
Duration of training: 12 months
Community Health Department UKM, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
PULAKEM, Community Health Department UKM, 43500 Beranang
Independent and certified Public Health Physician or has completed a recognized public health specialist training (for oversea candidates) with area of interest in women health.
Applicant who has completed attachment in any facilities on 10 areas of Family Health (Annex 1) is highly encourage and will be prioritise (Malaysian candidate) or has working experience in managing family health related program after specialist training for a minimum of 3 years (non-Malaysian candidate).
Required to submit a current resume with two referees.
Required to submit a standing letter from the employer/institution for the program application.
Objectives of Programme:
By the end of the programme, the candidate should be able to:
- Diagnose the population’s health need in the field of women health and facilitate in constructing various promotional and interventional activities with various input from other public health and medical specialties.
- Ability to develop an activity conforming to, international standards and ensuring healthy public policies, equity and accessibility with the most appropriate technology within the specialities of women health.
- Demonstrate evidence-based decision making, critical thinking, self-directed life-long learning and evidence-based practice in relation to women health.
- Exhibit effective communication, professionalism, leadership and sensitivity towards ethical, religious and cultural values.
- Plan and evaluate a participatory action research on women health priorities intervention program with related multidisciplinary professionals and agencies.
- Active participation in supervision training, scientific seminar discussion or journal appraisal at the department.
- To monitor and evaluate using population health outcomes as indicators
- Record experience activities in the student-led customised logbook.
- Schedule meetings with the supervisor during the fellowship program for progress monitoring.
- Publish at least 1 technical report / policy paper / 1 article accepted in WOS journal during the period of fellowship training.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- If you are non-Malaysian citizen student, you will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.
The 10 areas of Family Health (Annex 1)
Subspecialty through proposed 2-3 years Fellowship or equivalent recognised credentialing process in the 10 areas:
• Maternal Health • Child Health • Adolescent Health • School Health • Women’s Health • Men’s Health • Elderly Health • Disability and Health • Primary Health Care and Population Health • Primary Health Care Informatics
*Credentialed by the Credentialing Body e.g. Ministry of Health, National Specialist Registry, Ministry of Higher Education.