Course Director: Assoc Prof. Dr. Noor Azimah Muhammad
Duration of training: 6 to 12 months
Training Centre: Klinik Primer PPUKM Cheras / Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz (HCTM), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Independent and Certified Family Medicine Specialist with interest in Adolescent Health
Objectives of Programme:
By the end of the programme, the candidate should be able to:
- Competently diagnose, investigate and manage common adolescent cases in primary care
- Recognize complex psychosocial issues in adolescents and institute comprehensive management.
- Recognize ethical issues involving adolescents and judiciously institute appropriate intervention
- Ability to lead the adolescent clinic in primary care using available resources
- Demonstrate critical thinking, self-directed life-long learning and evidence-based practice.
- Exhibit effective communication, professionalism, leadership and sensitivity towards ethical, religious and cultural values.
- Active participation in clinical activities focusing on adolescent cases in primary care clinic / HCTM
- Conduct a health intervention program involving adolescents in the community
- Active participation in weekly case-based discussion or journal appraisal with the supervisor
- Record experiences in a log book on clinical cases managed, teaching/learning activities, audit, visits, research, publication and other activities.
- Schedule meetings with the supervisor during the fellowship program for progress monitoring.
- Publish at least 1 case report / audit / research paper in a peer-reviewed journal.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.