Course Director: Prof. Dr. Mohd Yazid Bin Bajuri
Duration of training: 6 months (Basic) or 1 year (Advanced)
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Independent and Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with interest in Trauma, Foot & Ankle and Diabetic Foot Services subspecialty.
Objectives of Programme:
- To learn and apply advanced knowledge in trauma, foot and ankle and diabetic foot cases.
- To perform advanced procedures in patient with complex fractures and dislocation of foot and ankle.
- To learn how to develop skills in corrective osteotomy and reconstruction, forefoot, midfoot and hindfoot, arthrodesis in foot and ankle (multiple fusion), ankle & subtalar arthroscopic surgery and ankle arthroplasty.
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds, perform open surgeries confidently, do on-calls.
- Candidate must attend Cadaveric and Arthroscopic Course or any course organised by the Unit.
- Candidate must observe all trauma, foot and ankle cases performed either as elective or emergency.
- Candidate must pass the written and viva examinations which will be held at 2 weeks prior to finishing the programme.
- Candidates must assist as many trauma, foot and ankle cases as possible and able to perform a few common trauma, foot and ankle procedures independently before the final assessment.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
- Candidate must publish at least 2 manuscript in a WOS/Q4 journal (for 1 year training) or be involved in the production of at least 1 manuscript (for 6 months training).
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before the intended start date.
- You will need a Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.