Course Director: Associate Professor. Dr. Nor Hamdan Mohd Yahaya
Duration of training: 6 months
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Applicant must have two or more years of orthopaedic practice
Applicants are required to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) and recommendation letter from their referee.
The CVs must include orthopaedic training, list of publications and awards.
Candidate should demonstrate
- Considerable degree of maturity, self-reliance, self-discipline, and resourcefulness
- Potential to become leaders and decision makers
- Strong preparation for the proposed course of study of the fellowship
- Outstanding track record of non-academic and academic involvement
- Commitment towards learning and improving clinical skills
- Good communication skills
Objectives of Programme:
- To provide an opportunity for orthopaedic surgeons to learn more about primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty
- To expose the candidate to the full spectrum of hip and knee arthroplasty issues including preoperative care, patient and implant selection, operative techniques and postoperative care.
- To promote better understanding in hip and knee arthroplasty surgery
- To expose the candidate various techniques from experienced arthroplasty surgeons in PPUKM
- To provide networking amongst arthroplasty surgeons around the world.
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds.
- Candidate must assist in hip and knee arthroplasty surgical procedures during elective and emergency cases
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
- Candidate must show proof of journal submission or publication at least in one (1) manuscript in a WOS journal
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.