Course Director: Prof Dr. Ismail Mohd Saiboon
Types and Duration of training:
- 2 years (1 year in campus and 1 year out campus)
- UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur (in-campus)
Recognized postgraduate specialist qualification in the field of Emergency Medicine, Anaesthesiology or clinical-based medicine or surgery.
To produce clinical specialist with competency in clinical simulation capable of performing operation in clinical simulation, administrative-leadership in simulation and curriculum integration in clinical simulation cutting-a-cross multidisciplinary clinical speciality in improving patient safety.
2. Recognized simulation centers (out campus during travelling-fellowship)
Objectives of Programme:
To produce clinical simulationist who are able to:
- improve patient safety through analyzed of clinical issues and proposed the best clinical simulation approach through quality improvement/assurance activity for patient care.
- performed core clinical simulation practice of simulation scenario design and development, perform effective clinical debriefing and integrate clinical simulation into present program or curriculum.
- assume effective leadership role in clinical simulation.
- perform a consultative role in clinical simulation.
- demonstrate life-long learning and the requisite knowledge, skills and attitude as healthcare simulationist in improving healthcare simulation for patient safety.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the unit including interactive discussion, didactic lectures, and involve in continous life-long learning i.e. attending and presenting in a monthly journal club discussion.
- Candidate is required to perform audit of simulation-based activities and suggest improvement.
- Candidate should be competent in creating, executing, conduct debriefing, assessing, and implementing clinical scenario simulation program,.
- Candidate should be able to conduct clinical improvement program through quality improvement or quality assurance program.
- Candidate will be exposed to the administrative and management aspect of simulation centres.
- Candidate must submit all assignment and keep a log-book of their role in simulation activities.
- Candidate must pass their project assignments, satisfactory supervisor report and viva examinations which will be held prior to finishing the programme.
- Candidate is required to do scholarly work or research in clinical simulation during the training and encourage to publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal or present at a local conference.
- Candidate regularly meet with course director according to the schedule.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before the intended start date.
- You will need a Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.