Course Director: Assoc Prof. Dr.Adawiyah Jamil
Duration of training: 1 year
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital CanselorTuankuMuhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Independent and Certified Internal Phycisian with interest in Dermatology
Objectives of Programme:
- Competency in diagnosing, investigating and treating common dermatological diseases.
- Ability to recognize complex diseases and instituting initial management.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, self-directed life-long learning and evidence-based clinical management.
- Effective communication, professionalism, leadership and sensitivity towards ethical, religious and cultural values.
- Active participation in clinical activities including inpatient and outpatient care, dermatology emergency and laboratory services.
- Active participation in the unit’s educational activities including CME, Dermatatopathology, Grand ward round and Case based discussion.
- Record experiences in performing procedures / tests, teaching/learning activities, research, publication and other activities in a log book.
- Scheduled meetings with the supervisor throughout the duration of the fellowship for progress monitoring.
- Publish at least 1 manuscript in a journal.
- Passed a MCQ examination at mid-term, OSCE and viva examinations at the end of the programme.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.