Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN ENDOCRINOLOGY (UKM)
Course Director: Associate Professor Dr Norasyikin A. Wahab
Duration of training: 3 years
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital CanselorTuankuMuhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Independent and Certified Internal Phycisianwith interest in Endocrinology
Objectives of Programme:
- To learn basic and advance endocrine biochemistry, physiology and pathophysiology which provide the basis for understanding endocrine disease.
- To acquire clinical skills in a progressive fashion with regards to technical and practical skills those are required by consultant in diabetes and endocrinology.
- To acquire knowledge and skills in providing an ethical and humanistic care of patients with diabetes and endocrine disorders.
- To acquire knowledge and skills in performing and analysing basic endocrinology laboratory testing.
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds, criticize journals, do on-calls.
- Candidate must attend and involve in monthly inter-hospital meeting organised by the Unit.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate must understand the concept and is required to perform basic hormonal tests/assays in the endocrinology laboratory.
- Candidate must know the basic laboratory management in good laboratory practices; equipment maintainance, quality control etc.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
- Candidate must publish at least 1 research manuscript in a WOS journal and encouraged to publish interesting and rare case series.
- Candidate must pass the written and viva examinations which will be held at mid-term and at one month prior to finishing the programme.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.