Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN GASTROENTEROLOGY AND HEPATOLOGY (UKM)
Course Director: Dr. Khairul Najmi Muhammad Nawawi
Duration of Training: 3 years
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Recognized postgraduate training in Internal Medicine with interest in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Objective: To produce general physicians with detailed knowledge and basic competence and experience in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Objectives of Programme:
- To produce general physicians with detailed knowledge in General Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- To produce general physicians with basic competence and experience in performing procedures pertaining to the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. Out patient clinics, ward rounds, multi-discipinary meetings, journal club presentations, perform diagnostic and basic therapeutic procedures like polypectomy.
- Candidate must achieve competency in diagnosis and management of common conditions in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Candidates must assist as many procedures as possible and able to perform diagnostic and basic therapeutic procedures independently before the final examination.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable and meet regularly with course director.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
- Candidate must pass the written and viva examinations which will be held prior to finishing the programme.
- Candidate is required to do research during the training and encourage to publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal and present at a local conference.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.