Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN GYNAECOLOGIC-ONCOLOGY (UKM)
Course Director: Prof. Dr. Mohamad Nasir Shafiee
Duration of training: Minimum 6 months
Training Centre: Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, UKM Medical CentreCheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Certified Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Objectives of Programme:
- To expose trainees to principal preventive strategies, management of gynaecology cancers, and surveillance of the disease
- To perform safe gynaecologic malignancies surgery such as radical hysterectomy, lymphadenectomy etc.
- To learn the principal of chemotherapy and radiotherapy in the management of gynaecologic malignancies
- The candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of specialist particularly in gynaecologic-oncology, such as ward rounds, clinics, colposcopy clinic etc
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities at gynaecologic-oncology unit as listed below:
- Ward round: every day 8 am
- Gynaecologic-oncology clinic: every Monday and Tuesday 9 am to 1 pm
- Colposcopy clinic: every Tuesday and Wednesday from 2 pm to 4 pm
- Journal club/tumour board discussion: every Thursday from 2 pm to 4 pm
- Gynaecologic malignancies surgery theatre: every Friday 9am to 5 pm
- Candidate must keep a logbook and should be assessed by preceptor/course director regularly
- Candidate must make an effort to meet with preceptor/course director regularly
- Candidate must assist as many as possible any gynaecologic malignancies surgery cases.
- Candidate must be able to perform gynaecologic malignancies surgery such as radial hyeterectomy, lymphadectomy.
- Candidate must actively involve in the journal club discussion and tumour board discussion.
- Candidate must publish at least one manuscript in WOS/Scopus journal (for one-year training) or involve in the production of the manuscript (for 6 months training)
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.