Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN LARYNGOLOGY
Course Director: Professor Dr. Marina Mat Baki
Duration of training: 6 months (maximum of 12 months)
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur .
Eligibility: Post graduate certificate in Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Objectives of Programme:
- To learn the management and treatment of laryngology related cases that comprises voice disorders, laryngotracheal stenosis, vocal fold paralysis, laryngeal tumors and obstructive sleep apnea .
- To perform or observe common laryngology surgery and phonosurgery.
- To learn the advanced laryngology surgery such as laryngeal laser surgery, laryngeal reinnervation, percutaneous injection laryngoplasty, laryngeal EMG, endolaryngeal and open surgery for laryngotracheal stenosis.
- Candidates are required to observe/ assist/ perform all clinical activities at specialist level i.e. clinics, ward rounds, elective or emergency surgeries related to the laryngology subspecialty training and on-calls.
- Candidates must attend the specialised laryngology clinic: voice clinic, OSA clinic, Botox clinic and office laryngeal procedures clinic.
- Candidates must attend at least once the UKMMC Laryngeal and Phonosurgery Course as a ‘Dissector’.
- Candidates must pass the viva examinations which will be at end of the programme.
- Candidates must assist as many cases as possible both common and advance laryngology surgery.
- Candidates must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidates must be contactable and regularly meet with the course director/ supervisor.
- Candidates are required to join all clinical and academic activities of the ORL-HNS Department such as CME, Journal club, HPE conference, radiology conference and etc.
- Candidates must publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before the intended start date.
- Letter of recommendation by 2 senior ORL consultants is required.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp- content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.