Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN PAEDIATRIC AND ADOLESCENT GYNAECOLOGY (UKM)
Course Director: Associate Professor Dr. Ani Amelia Dato Zainuddin (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Trainers: Associate Professor Dr. Ani Amelia Dato Zainuddin and Professor Dr. Nur Azurah Abdul Ghani
Duration of training: 1 year (for International candidates) and up to 3 years (for national candidates)
Training Centres: Main Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur and attachment at Adolescent Clinic, Hospital Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Independent and Certified Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecologist
Objectives of Programme:
- Upon completion of this programme, the candidate is expected to be a competent subspecialist in Paediatric & Adolescent Gynaecology capable of assuming a consultant’s role in this discipline.
- To develop a working knowledge of the theoretical basis of the specialty, including its foundations in the basic medical sciences.
- To successfully perform a research project in this discipline and submit a manuscript at the end of this programme.
- To acquire the requisite knowledge, skills and attitude for effective patient-centred care and service to a diverse population of children, adolescents and young women. In all aspects of specialist practice, the candidate must be able to address issues of gender, sexual orientation, age, culture, ethnicity and ethics in a professional manner.
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run PAG clinics, do ward rounds, attend to emergency cases, perform surgeries under the supervision of the trainers.
- Candidate must attend the specialized clinics; the Paediatric Endocrinology Clinics at UKMMC for 3 months and Adolescent Clinic at Hospital Kuala Lumpur between 1 -3 months.
- Candidate must observe and assist all surgical PAG cases.
- Candidate must observe specialized surgeries that are performed in collaboration with the Paediatric Surgery Unit / Urologists at UKMMC.
- Candidate must attend and participate in the multidisciplinary meetings organized / attended by the PAG Unit such as the DSD and Suspected Child Abuse and Negligence (SCAN) meetings.
- Candidate must conduct and complete a research study relevant to this subspecialty, present the findings at national and international congresses and submit a manuscript for publication. This research project must be approved by the Head of the PAG unit and must include an investigative hypothesis and original data.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must participate in activities organized by the PAG Unit such as public forums, workshops, congresses, preparation of patient information pamphlets etc.
- Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate must participate in teaching of undergraduates and postgraduates in this subspecialty.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.