Course Director: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abdul Halim Abd Rashid
Dr Muhammad Kamal Muhammad Abdul Jamil
Duration of training: 6 months or 1 year
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ UKM Children Hospital/Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Orthopaedic Surgeon with interest in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
Objectives of Programme:
- To learn on orthopaedic related problems among children.
- To assist/perform( under supervision) orthopaedic surgeries related to children including trauma/fractures
- To be able to work as a team member in a multidisciplinary approach of children medical/surgical related problems.
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds, perform surgeries confidently, does on-calls(if applicable)
- Candidate must take an active participation in all cases performed either as elective or emergency.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit/Dept of Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
- Candidate must publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal (for 1 year training) or be involved in the production of the manuscript (for 6 months training)
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.