Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY – INFERTILITY (UKM)
Course Director: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abdul Kadir Abdul Karim
Duration of training: 6 months
Training Centre: Advanced Reproductive Center (ARC) UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Master in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (Local) or MRCOG or equivalent (Approved by KKM/MMC)
Objectives of Programme:
- To perform a optimum fundamental reproductive procedure according to guideline
- To learn how to set-up and performed procedure in In-Vitro Fertilization cycle; including hormonal stimulation, oocytes pick up and embryo transfer.
- To learn how to develop manage possible complication related to reproductive procedure.
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, follow grand ward rounds and perform reproductive procedure confidently.
- Candidate must attend at least once the reproductive related congress/workshop during fellowship program.
- Candidate must observe all reproductive procedure performed either as elective or emergency.
- Candidate must pass the written and viva examinations which will be held at mid-term and at one month prior to finishing the programme.
- Candidates must assist as many reproductive cases as possible and able to perform a few common reproductive procedures independently before the final examination.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
- Candidate must publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Head of Unit and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.