Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN RHINOLOGY, ALLERGY AND SMELL & TASTE
Course Director: Prof. Dr. Salina Husain
Duration of training: 6 months – 2 years
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur .
Eligibility: Post graduate certificate in Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Objectives of Programme:
- To learn the management and treatment of nose, sinonasal and skull base lesion and tumours.
- To learn the management and treatment of allergy diseases.
- To learn the management and treatment of smell and taste disorders.
- To perform common nasal and sinonasal surgery.
- To learn the advanced rhinology surgery including skull base surgery, septorrhinoplasty.
- Candidate is required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds, perform rhinology surgeries confidently and safely , do on-calls.
- Candidate must attend ENT-Oncology combine clinic.
- Candidate must attend at least once the Endoscopic Sinus Surgery dissection course .
- Candidate must observe all Rhinology cases performed either as elective or emergency.
- Candidate must pass the viva examinations which will be at end of the programme.
- Candidates must assist as many cases as possible both common and advanced Rhinology surgery.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
- Candidate must publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal .
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- Letter of recommendation by 2 senior Rhinologists are required.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.