Course Director: Assoc. Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mohd Hisam Bin Muhamad Ariffin
Duration of training: 6 months (Basic) or 1 year
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
- Proof of being a Medical Doctor and an orthopaedic or neurosurgery specialist
- A CV including:
- Proof of training
- Proof of interest in Spine Surgery
- Two current reference letters:
- One preferably from a senior surgeon affiliated with an institution
- A list of publications and/or lectures written or delivered by the applicant
- English Proficiency Test Result (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL etc.) for applicant from non-English speaking countries and apply for regional and international fellowship
- Preferably 45 years of age or younger
Objectives of Programme:
To experience in clinical, decision making process and surgical techniques of all aspects of spine surgery in particular spinal deformity surgery (paediatric and adult), minimally invasive decompression and fusion technique, microsurgical technique, tumour reconstruction for fully trained orthopaedics and neurosurgeons interested in spine surgery.
- The fellow is expected to follow the daily routine of the clinic.
- The fellow will be assisting all spine surgery both in elective and emergency.
- Fellow must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Temporary leave of absence needs approval from the course director.
- Fellow is required to join the academic activities of the department every Thursday.
- Long term fellow must publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before the intended start date.
- You will need a Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.