Course Director: DR. IXORA KAMISAN ATAN
Supervising consultants: PROF. DR. LIM PEI SHAN
DR. IXORA KAMISAN ATAN
- Duration of training: 6 months – 1 year
- Format of attendance: Part time – Attendance at least 3 days/ week (Honorary position)
Full time – Attendance 5 days/ week with passive calls (Honorary position)
Urogynaecology Unit, UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility & Qualification:
- Postgraduate qualification in Obstetrics & Gynaecology i.e. Doctor of O&G (DrO&G)/ Master in O&G/ Master / MRCOG Part III or equivalent
- Possess at least 1 year working experience post gazzettement as an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
- Independent, Certified and gazetted with interest in Urogynaecology
Objectives of Programme:
- To acquire knowledge and skill in managing common pelvic floor dysfunctions.
- To acquire knowledge and skills to perform safe urogynaecology surgery.
- To acquire knowledge and skill for common diagnostic urogynaecology procedures i.e. urodynamic studies, Pelvic floor ultrasound, cystoscopy and uroflowmetry.
- To acquire knowledge and skills to identify and manage post-operative complications and maternal birth trauma.
- To learn how to set-up and maintain a perineal clinic.
- To learn to develop good urogynaecology team.
|Wednesdays||Operating theatre (Prof. Dr. Lim PS)|
|Thursdays 0900 – 1400H!400 – 1700H||Operating theatre (Dr. Ixora Kamisan) Urogynaecology clinic|
|Fridays 0900 – 1230H||Urodynamic study & Perineal clinic|
Duties of a Urogynaecology fellow:
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds, do passive on-call duties (for full-time candidates).
- Candidate must observe and assist all urogynaecology cases performed either as elective or emergency.
- Candidate is expected to assist as many urogynaecology procedures as possible either as an elective / emergency procedure and able to perform a few common urogynaecology procedures independently before final assessment.
- Assessment will be in the form of continuous assessment.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable at all times and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
- Candidate is expected to join research activities in the unit.
- Candidate is expected to publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal (for 1 year training) or be involved in the production of a manuscript (for 6 months training)
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- Application letter should be accompanied by
- A comprehensive CV (demonstrating candidates’ O&G skills in Gynaecology)
- Full registration with Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) for Malaysians.
- Foreign candidates will require Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf . Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing
- Proof of postgraduate degree in O&G
- A valid Annual practising Certificate (APC) with HCTM added as one of the practise location (Malaysian)
- National Specialist Registry (NSR) Certificate for Malaysians
- Certificate of Credentialing as an O&G Specialist if available.