Course Director: Prof. Dr. Asma Abdullah
Duration of training: 6 months-9 months
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur.
Candidate who is planning to spend 6-9 months may choose to Clinical fellowship position. This candidate would generally be experienced in ORL having completed their training in their home country. The candidate english language skills need to be sufficient.
Check your eligibility to work in Malaysia before sending your application. https://mmc.gov.my/
General objective is to provide Malaysia or other countries with competent Neuro-Otologist that not only have excellent knowledge and attitude but also have excellent communication skills.
- Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Surgeon from local or oversea that accredited by MQA
- At least 3 years’ experience as general ORL-HNS Surgeon
- Successful interview via Skype/zoom meeting /video call
Neuro-Otology & Lateral Skull base Fellowship Program:
The candidate needs,
- to learn the basic pathophysiology of Cholesteatoma, Mastoiditis, infective and non- infective cause of hearing loss, acoustic neuroma.
- to understand the management of otology and neuro –otology disease.
- to perform common head and neck oncology surgery.
- to learn varies techniques of mastoid surgeries, tympanoplasty and implant surgeries ( Baha implant and cochlear implantation ).
- to assist major operation such as paraganglioma operation and acoustic neuroma operation.
- Candidate is required to perform all clinical activities as specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds. The supervisor will determine whether the candidate can be on call independently or he or she will do on call with supervisor
- Candidate must attend X ray conference and cochlear implant meeting. He or she must participate actively during this activities
- Candidate must pass the viva examination which will be held at the first month and end of the programme. The feedback of their performance will be given immediately.
- Candidate need to do active learning and grab the opportunity to write manuscript within this program.
- Candidate must send at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal within 6 months or 2 manuscripts within 9 months fellowship.
- Candidates must know the case that posted to surgery and assist as many cases as possible in operation room.
- All her/his activities must be recorded in the log book. This log book will be showed to supervisor every 2 months in order to see the progress.
- The assessment is also including the communication skills and professional personal development.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to the successful candidates.
*** The candidate who has attitude problems and not up to the standard will be called to meet the supervisor and Head of Department. The advice will be given few times but despite of warning letter, the candidate not showed any improvement, this candidate will be terminated.
1. Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
2. Three references ( Senior ORL- HNS Surgeon. One Neuro-Otologist and the Head of Department) are required.
3. Complete CV
4. Log book (Otology only)
You will need Temporary Practicing Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). https://mmc.gov.my/
Please ensure you fulfill all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wpcontent/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing
Maximum 2 fellows in one time
The flow chart of the procedure of application is attach and any enquiry please contact the secretariat Name:…………………………………, telephone: ………………, …………….Fax:………………………….. email…………………………………..and please cc your email to email@example.com
Your English language skills need to be sufficient.