Course Director: Assoc Prof. Dr. Aniza Ismail
Duration of training: 12 months
Training Centre: Community Health Department UKM, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Independent and Certified Public Health Physician (Malaysian) OR has completed a recognized public health specialist training (for oversea candidates) with interest in area of quality and patient safety in healthcare setting.
Applicant who has completed attachment in any facilities that cover the 5 areas of Health Services Management (Annex 1) is highly encourage and will be prioritise (Malaysian candidate) OR has working experience in Health Management related program after specialist training for a minimum of 3 years (non-Malaysian candidate).
Required to submit a current resume with two referees.
Required to submit a standing letter from the employer/institution for the program application.
Objectives of Programme:
By the end of the programme, the candidate should be able to:
- determine the domain/components of quality and patient safety measurement in the healthcare setting (hospital and public health setting)
- develop indicators to measure the quality and patient safety outcomes.
- apply critical thinking, evidence-based medicine and value based medicine in decision making to improve quality and patient safety.
- exhibit leadership skills, team work, caring, effective communication and professionalism in workplace.
- Evaluate the current quality indicators at hospital or public health setting
- Review existing certifications and accreditations of standard of care at the setting
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary professionals and agencies ( eg Ministry of Health,
Konsortium Hospital Universiti Awam Malaysia, Malaysian Society for Quality in
Healthcare) in proposing plan of action (POA) in increasing quality of care
- Active participation in supervision training, scientific seminar discussion or journal
appraisal at the department.
- Record experience activities in the student-led customised logbook.
- Schedule meetings with the supervisor during the fellowship program for progress
- Submission at least one technical report / policy paper / article in indexed journal.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of
Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- If you are non-Malaysian citizen student, you will need Temporary Practising
Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all
the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.
The 5 areas of Health Services Management (Annex 1) Subspecialty through proposed 2-3 years Fellowship or equivalent recognised credentialing process
in the 5 areas:
• Human Resources Management
• Health Economics/Financing
• Quality Assurance
• Health Information and Management System
• Hospital Management