Professional Certificate In Genome Sequencing
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
|The course will start in July 2023: Weekdays Only
This Professional Certificate program comprises of three courses covering the theory, practice, and analysis of data pertaining to genome sequencing, for a total of six credits.
|Basic Principles of DNA and Genome Sequencing
|Theory and practice of Short-read Sequencing and Long-read Sequencing
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
|Mode of delivery
|Theory: Physical in classroom
|Hands-on: UMBI's Laboratories
Malaysian citizens and international students are eligible to apply for this programme. The following prerequisites apply to admission:
Malaysian citizen candidate
- A bachelor's degree in an area related to biology, genetics, or such; OR
- A bachelor's degree in another field with at least two years of relevant job experience; OR
- Possess a diploma and at least three years of work experience in a relevant industry.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in a field related to biology, genetics, or such that is recognised by the university senate; OR
- Possess a diploma qualification and at least three years of relevant industry experience.
ACADEMIC AND LABORATORY INSTRUCTORS
Hotels nearby UMBI:
- Hotel Sri Permaisuri Cheras (3-star hotel)
- Hotel EST Kuala Lumpur
- International Youth Centre (IYC) Residence
- Hotel Maple Inn
- V Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Crystal Garden Hotel
Low Budget hotels are also available nearby the UMBI. Please refer to any hotel booking website for further information.
**Important Note: Kindly be noted that the organizer will not be liable for any claim or responsibility in regards of the listed accommodation above. for accommodation booking and reservation, please click the appropriate links and follow the guidelines in the respective website.