UKM Medical Molecular Biology Institute (UMBI) offers Master Science and PhD in Molecular Medicine by research thesis.
DURATION OF STUDY
For study fees, please click here.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies at our Institute, and we wish you the very best throughout the admission process. Any further information, please call:
Download postgraduate handbook here.
Master of Science (MSc)
- A good honours degree in related field from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia with CGPA ≥ 3.00 or other universities which are recognized by the UKM Senate.
- A good honours degree in related field from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia with < 3.00 or other universities which are recognized by the UKM Senate with at least one (1) year experience in related field.
- UKM based evaluation grading system for international graduate students.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- A master’s qualification related field from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or other universities which are recognized by the UKM Senate.
- Foreign students are required to obtain a minimum score of 550 for the TOEFL or a Band 6 for the IELTS as a prerequisite for entry into graduate programmes at UKM.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES AT UMBI
- English Language Proficiency For International Applicants
All international applicants for Masters and PhD programmes should have a minimum score of 550 in TOEFL or minimum score of Band 6 in IELTS. Applicants should also sit for the UKM English Language Proficiency Test and pass with a minimum score of Band 3. If applicants fail the UKM English Language Proficiency Test, then the applicants will not be qualified to continue their studies at UMBI. Results must be attached with the application form.
- Journal Publications as a Condition For Viva
All Masters and PhD candidates are required to publish at least 1 and 2 papers in an indexed, respectively, before going to viva. Failure to publish would result in failure to graduate.
- Research Intensive Course
All Masters and PhD candidates are also required to attend a Research Intensive Course at least once while registered at UMBI.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application for study at UMBI can be done online. Online application is available at Graduate Admission Application System (Guest)/guest.ukm.my (please read application guide).