Dr. Mohd. Zulhakimi Ab. Razak, SMIEEE
Research Fellow / Senior Lecturer
Phone: +603 89118020
GRA VACANCY for a research project on IoT Smart Circuit Platform @ IMEN-UKM
We would like to invite applications for positions of Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) for a research project on Smart Interfacing Circuits of IoT Devices for Artificial Kidney Active Monitoring System.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
1. Bachelor or master degree in Electronics Engineering, Physics or other relevant Degree
2. Candidate MUST register for Master/PhD at the Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics (IMEN), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
3. Proficient in English and Bahasa Melayu.
4. Strong interest in research and willing to learn.
5. Highly motivated, able to work independently, friendly, diligent.
6. Prior experience on IoT programming and/or hardware design would be an advantage
7. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for an interview.
PhD, IC/VLSI Design, University of Edinburgh, UK.
MSc, Electronics and Communications, University of Applied Science Rosenheim, Germany.
BEng (Hons), Electronics and Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde, UK.
Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), USA
Member, Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET), UK
Graduate Engineer, Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), Malaysia
• Integrated circuit (IC) design techniques: algorithm to implementation
• Analog, digital, and mixed-signal electronics
• Low-power, low-noise, high performance, and energy-efficient design methodologies
• Reconfigurable hardware and adaptive architectures
• Circuits for biomedical applications, communications, RF, and wireless technologies
• Integrated optoelectronics
Ubiquitous optical sensors for environmental monitoring: impacting climate change, Newton-Ungku Omar Fund, May 2015-April 2016, GBP 150 000, Co-Researcher.
- F.A.A. Rashid, S.R. Azzuhri, M.A.M. Salim, R.A. Shaharuddin, M.A. Ismail, M.F. Ismail, M.Z.A. Razak, and H. ahmad, “Using a Black Phosphorus Saturable Absorber to Generate Dual-Wavelength in a Q-Switched Ytterbium-Doped Fiber Laser”, Laser Physics Letters, 13(8): pp. 1-6. 2016.
- M.F. Jaddoa, M.Z.A. Razak, M.A.M. Salim, A.S. Sharbirin, N. Nayan, M.F. Ismail, and H. Ahmad, “Tunable Single Wavelength Erbium-doped Fiber Ring Laser Based on In-line Mach Zehnder Strain”, Optik: International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, 127(20): pp. 8326-8332. 2016.
- M.F. Jaddoa, M.J. Faruki, M.Z.A. Razak, S.R. Azzuhri, and H. Ahmad, “Passively Q-switched fiber laser based on evanescent field interaction of optical microfiber and graphene oxide saturable absorber”, Ukrainian Journal of Physical Optics, 17(2): pp. 58-64. 2016.
- M.F. Jaddoa, A.A. Jasim, M.Z.A. Razak, and H. Ahmad, “Highly Responsive NaCl Detector based on Inline Microfiber Mach-Zehnder Interferometer”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 237(2016): pp. 56-61. 2016.
- H. Ahmad, M.T. Rahman, M.Z.A. Razak, S.N.A. Sakeh, and M. Z. Zulkifli, “Humidity Sensor Based on Microfiber Resonator with Reduced Graphene Oxide”, Optik: International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, 125(5): pp. 3158-3161. 2016.
- M. Z. A. Razak, S.A. Reduan, A.S. Sharbirin, N. Jamaludin, M.Z. Zulkifli, and H. Ahmad, “Non-contact optical displacement sensor using U-shaped tapered fiber”, IEEE Sensor Journal, 15(10): pp. 5388-5392. 2015.
- Z. Razak, A. Erdogan, and T. Arslan, “Low Power Noise Detection Circuit Utilizing Switching Activity Measurement Method”, IEEE Conference on Design and Architectures for Signal and Image Processing (DASIP), UK, 2010. DOI: 10.1109/DASIP.2010.5706273.
- Z. Razak, A. Erdogan, and T. Arslan, “ASIC Design of Adaptive Control Unit for Reconfigurable ADC”, IEEE Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI), Greece, Jun 2010. DOI: 10.1109/ISVLSI.2010.79.
- Z. Razak, A. Erdogan, and T. Arslan, “An Adaptive Algorithm for Reconfigurable Analog-to-Digital Converters”, IEEE Conference on Adaptive Hardware and System (AHS), USA, 2010. DOI: 10.1109/AHS.2010.5546250
- Z. Razak, A. Erdogan, and T. Arslan, “Nyquist-Rate Analog-to-Digital Converter Specification for Zero-IF UMTS Receiver”, IEEE Int. Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), USA, 2008. DOI: 10.1109/ISCAS.2008.4541923
- Z. Razak, A. Erdogan, and T. Arslan, “Analog to Digital Converter Specification for UMTS/FDD Receiver Applications“, IEEE Int. Symp. on Electronic Design, Test and Application (DELTA), Hong Kong, 2008. DOI: 10.1109/DELTA.2008.81
- S.R.S. Raihan, and M.Z.A. Razak, “Algorithm Development of Microconverter-based Pressure Controller.” International Conference on Knowledge/IT Based Development (ICKBD), 22 -24 June, Madinah, Saudi Arabia, 2008.
- S.R.S. Raihan, and M.Z.A. Razak, “Development of Two-Chip-Solution for Calibration System of Pressure Transducer”, 4th Technical Postgraduate Symposium (TechPos), pp.151-156, 2006.
- S.M. Said, N.M. Shah, K.A. Noordin, C.O. Chow, M.Z.A. Razak, and S. Mekhilef, “The ChipPAC-UM Integrated Circuit Competition: An Exercise in Problem-Based Learning”, The Seventh Triennial AEESEAP Conference, Malaysia, 2003.
- S.M. Said, N.M. Shah, K.A. Noordin, C.O. Chow, M.Z.A. Razak, and S. Mekhilef, “The ChipPAC-UM Integrated Circuit Competition as a PBL exercise: An Educators’ Perspective”, The Seventh Triennial AEESEAP Conference, Malaysia, 2003.