Quality Planning and Improvement
Scope of Duties:
- Coordinating and developing the internal standard for the implementation of the university’s core processes based on UKM Quality Life cycle and can trigger innovation.
- Identifying codes of practice and appropriate external standard to be used for quality assurance purposes.
- Developing and operating the complaints and feedback systems to assess the effectiveness of service delivery.
- Developing and operating the stakeholder feedback system as a channel for information on customer satisfaction and external parties.
- Analyzing internal and external customer complaints and feedback as well as identifying areas of improvement as a whole.
Documents and Systems
Documents and Systems developed are:
- EDUCATION PROCESS QUALITY ASSURANCE : UKM Perspectives as a Self-accrediting institution and Research University
- UKM guidelines on Document Preparation of Study Programme Documents
- Guideline for the development of HPK dan HPP
- UKM Biennial Report of Self-accreditation (2011-2013)
- Feedback and Complaints System (eFACt)
- Stakeholder Feedback System (e-Quest)
- Teaching and Supervision Evaluation System (SPPP)
Stakeholder Feedback System (e-Quest)
The Stakeholder Feedback System (e-Quest) has been developed subsequent to a report of the MQA Institution Audit which has suggested that UKM provides a mechanism to ensure the involvement of stakeholders (pihak berkepentingan) among Industries Communities, employers and alumni in UKM internal quality improvement cycle.
The objectives of e-Quest System are to:
- Get feedback for PTJ’s Performance Index to improve delivery of services;
- Establish a feedback channel specifically for stakeholders to give any feedback or suggestions for improvement, including the development and revision of curriculum;
- Enable rapid information sharing, transparency and efficiency among the Centres of responsibilities for the process improvement;
- Improve the quality of graduates who complete their studies in accordance with the requirements of the job market;
The objectives of the system include:
- Employers (who hire UKM graduates)
- Industries (Those who manufacture, produce,and provide goods / Industries can be employers or non employers of the graduates)
- UKM staff
- UKM students
The e-Quest System is fully operational in July 2013.
Teaching and Supervision Evaluation System (SPPP):
Teaching and Supervision Evaluation System (SPPP) is a system that evaluates the quality of teaching a course from the student’s perspective. It is one of the official customer feedback systems used to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS) MS ISO 9001: 2008 Management of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies(by coursework). In addition, the input obtained from students through the system is also used for continuous quality improvement of the programme. In this system, the feedback questions are divided into THREE parts, namely:
- General (course content, infrastructure and equipment – 7 questions)
- Faculty / Centre / Institute (3-10 questions for each mode of teaching used)
- Evaluation of Lecturer (5 questions for each lecturer who conducts the course)
The General Part and the Part for the Evaluation of Lecturer will be used to assess the achievement of the quality objectives of MS ISO 9001: 2008, in addition to improving the quality of teaching and delivering lectures on an ongoing basis, while the Faculty/Centre/Institute Part is used exclusively for internal purposes of the Faculty / Centre / Institute in improving the quality of teaching as well as for the design and revision of the curriculum.
(Prepared By: PP BPK)