Fuel Cell Institute (UKM) has led the initiative, together with pertinent stakeholders, to create a national-level association named The Malaysian Association of Hydrogen Energy (MAHE) with the following objectives:
- to assemble and consolidate researchers and practitioners of fuel cells and hydrogen energy in various scientific and engineering disciplines and from academia and industry together in a learned association,
- to promote and facilitate interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research and collaboration on fuel cells and hydrogen energy in various scientific and engineering disciplines with contributions from academia and industry,
- to promote and represent fuel cells and hydrogen energy in the national, regional, and international forums,
- to promote hydrogen technology as a viable economic alternative to carbon-based technology,
- to meet and exchange scientific and engineering knowledge and views in order to advance fuel cell and hydrogen technology,
- to maintain close ties and relationships with other learned societies in various fields, and
- to publish advances in fuel cells and hydrogen energy in high-impact academic journals.
MAHE highlights the importance of bringing stakeholders from across the board together to realize the effective implementation of research, development, and deployment of flagship programs for fuel cells and hydrogen energy in Malaysia.
Follow us on Facebook.
MAHE was registered with The Registry of Societies Malaysia on Jan 10th (2017) and offers a variety of membership categories to suit the needs of various individuals from different backgrounds:
- Ordinary Membership is open to all Malaysian citizens (irrespective of race, religion, or gender) as follows:
a. Academics teaching courses on fuel cells and hydrogen energy, and related subjects,
b. Researchers carrying out research and development work on fuel cell technology and hydrogen energy, as well as related subjects,
c. Postgraduate students studying fuel cells and hydrogen energy, and related subjects, and
d. Experts and practitioners of fuel cells and hydrogen energy in the industry or anybody who are interested in the field of energy.
- Honorary Membership are appointed by the Association Committee from amongst the Ordinary Members who have contributed significantly to the community and can contribute to the success of the Association,
- Corporate Membership is open to institutions, companies, or corporations in related fields and meet the requirements set by the Association,
- Associate Membership is open to those who are not eligible for Ordinary Membership (e.g. they do not hold Malaysian citizenship) and are not allowed to hold office or vote,
- Student membership is open to students who are interested in the field energy, and
- Life Membership is composed of those who have paid the lifetime fee.
An entrance fee of MYR100.00 ( Ringgit Malaysia ONE HUNDRED Only ) shall be due and payable as of the date of admission. The annual fee shall be due and payable on Jan 1st of each year.
The MAHE membership form (with details of the annual and lifetime fees according to the different categories) is available for download HERE.