BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE DEGREE WITH HONORS
This program of study is conducted within four (4) years of study. It is a Health Science-based field and prepares individuals to enable them to function as one team member who is comprised of medical doctors and technologists who work together to produce the necessary decisions to assess the disease and the efficacy of the treatment provided. In addition to using medical laboratory equipment, a Biomedical Science grader can also manage diagnostic, business and industrial labs.
Biomedical Science Program in UKM is internationally accredited by Institute of Biomedical Science (United Kingdom) and a member of Pan Asia Biomedical Science Consortium.
Biomedical Scince Program UKM possess an established curriculum that are reviewed every 5 years according to the requirements by Allied Health Profession Act 2016 and by industries and other stakeholders
To produce graduates who have a good foundation and experience in Biomedical Sciences to enable them to do scientific work and research in the field of human and animal disease studies, the effectiveness of drug stability, the discovery of adverse effects from food industry contamination, pesticides and others .
Graduates of the Biomedical Science Programme will have employment opportunities in various positions such as:
- Biomedical Science Officers in Medical Diagnostic Laboratories
- Medical underwriter at Insurance companies
- Quality Control Officers
- Pharmaceutical Officers
- Research Officers in higher learning institutions
- Cardiovascular Technologists
- Sales Executives for Research & diagnostic Instruments/Chemicals
- Health entrepreneurs and journalists
- Medical Laboratories Technologists
- Medical Communication Executives